Position: Farm Supervisor - Grow Out
Location: Maple Leaf Farms - Wisconsin
Reports To: Downy Farm Manager
- Responsible for hiring, evaluating, training, disciplining, and terminating farm staff.
- Creates weekly work schedules and supervises farm staff.
- Responsible for daily checks of all buildings to assure proper duck care and well-being, culling of ducks, maintenance of facility and equipment.
- Train hourly farm staff on all operational aspects of the farm, bio-security and environmental issues.
- Take inventory and stocking of all farm supplies including feed ordering.
- Conduct and lead safety meetings and provide a safe working environment for employees following OSHA and company safety policies.
- Accountable for the condition and up keep of all buildings and assets contained on the farm.
- Running commercial research trials as specified and scheduled by Live Production management.
- Rotate with other farm help during weekend and holidays and respond to off hour’s calls as needed.
- Coordinate with Hatchery and Plant personnel the delivery of ducks.
- Perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- Fill in/support as Divisional Grow Out FSR during vacations, sick time and holiday weeks.
- Technical knowledge of duck rearing.
- Thorough knowledge of bio-security and duck well-being guidelines.
- Proven skill at providing leadership and training directly to hourly staff.
- Ability to manage time and multiple tasks.
- Ability to conduct and manage stewardship audits in their respective areas and facilities.
- Ability to effectively resolve disputes and conflicts.
- Excellent communication skills to ensure a free flow of info between management, tech services, and hourly staff.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze new equipment, processes, and systems without bias.
- Basic maintenance skills
- Basic knowledge of computer software –Lotus Notes, Microsoft Word, Excel
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Bilingual in English and Spanish would be a plus
Qualified individuals who are interested in consideration for this position must submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or in the Human Resource Office.