Position: Maintenance Supervisor – 3rd Shift
Location: Maple Leaf Farms - Milford, IN
- Supervise work order scheduling and planning work for the maintenance team to achieve objectives while minimizing interruptions to production operations.
- Responsible for eliminating problems related to malfunctioning of machinery and equipment, safety hazards, facilities repair or requests to maintain operations.
- Supervise, instruct, evaluate and discipline subordinate maintenance staff in their roles.
- Work daily with maintenance management, Leads and staff on other shifts to help coordinate departmental activities and effectively support the 24 hr demands of plant operations.
- Ensure proper and timely maintaining and distribution of documentation and reporting.
- Interact in a professional manner with all departments as necessary.
- Troubleshoot production problems as necessary with emphasis on reducing downtime.
- Identify and request materials required for successful maintenance operations.
- Monitor maintenance operation processes and procedures, and eliminate nonconformities in timely and efficient manner. Report inconsistencies to management.
- Train and develop existing and new employees. Supervise implementation of new processes and procedures as necessary.
- Responsible for harboring the proper attitude toward health and safety through demonstrated behavior, active involvement in Safety Committee initiatives, and as a Maple Leaf emergency first responder team member.
- Ensure proper handling of maintenance work orders, reports and other paperwork.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of facilities and equipment maintenance, repair purchasing, OSHA and safety regulations, HACCP regulations, HazMat, Lockout/Tagout, and USDA standards. Experience in food manufacturing processes, preferably in the poultry industry, is extremely helpful.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and proficiencies in the areas of refrigeration, building systems, electricity, welding, and equipment repair.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics; and working knowledge of basic mathematics
- Demonstrated abilities in managing people
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize departmental needs
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of individuals and situations, and resolve conflicts as needed
- Working knowledge of computers, including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
Qualified individuals who are interested in consideration for this position must submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org in the Human Resource Office.