Position: Packaging Supervisor
Location: Milford, IN
- Manage production staff by directing, coordinating, communicating and verifying daily activities within the department/area, and responding to daily issues.
- Responsible for efficiency, product quality and safety and food safety within the department/area.
- Supervise, instruct, evaluate and discipline production staff in their roles.
- Prepare for production by testing equipment, setting up parameters and production flow to ensure processes will be carried out properly.
- Closely monitor processes and procedures during production, ensuring product quality and specifications are met. Take prompt and effective corrective actions in case of deviations.
- Ensure the routine operation of the department/area by evaluating efficiencies, line speeds, placement and rotation of employees.
- Work effectively with USDA; attempt to resolve issues as they arise.
- Coordinate with QA all product quality and safety issues. Participate in pre-operative inspections conducted by QA. Responsible for HACCP and pre-requisite program application.
- Train and certify new and existing staff regarding Production, USDA, HACCP, and OSHA guidelines as appropriate, by position.
- Work with other interfacing departments to ensure adequate product, service and/or information is provided.
- Work with HR to address and resolve employee issues on hiring, attendance, and employment termination, contractual and disciplinary issues.
- Troubleshoot mechanical issues when possible.
- Introduce new methods of processing through different research procedures such as CPI and Lean.
- Produce daily/weekly schedules for staff.
- Conduct staff performance evaluations.
- Monitor, adjust and approve timecards daily in Kronos Timekeeper.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Requires knowledge of protein manufacturing processes, preferably in poultry industry; including, but not limited to, standard operating procedures, USDA guidelines that govern line processes, HACCP, SSOPs, company policies, employee handbook, and union contract, as well as demonstrated communication skills.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of the machinery and processes used in the plant department.
- Ability to multi-task in an effective manner.
- Ability to collect data, prepare and interpret production reports.
- Ability to communicate with and manage large groups of employees.
- Ability to respond quickly and sensibly to volatile situations or people, and take corrective actions.
- Working knowledge of computers, including, but not limited to word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Knowledge and skills are typically acquired through the completion of an Associate’s degree and some line experience within the poultry industry.
- Strong communication skills. Bilingual skills in English/Spanish or English/Burmese are preferred
Qualified individuals who are interested in consideration for this position must submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org in the Human Resource Office.