Position: Quality Assurance Supervisor
Location: Maple Leaf Farms – Serenade, Milford, IN
Reports To: QA Manager
- Supervise QA technicians; ensure visual and/or measured inspections and documentation are being conducted/completed properly.
- Along with QA Technicians, train new staff on how to perform the various duties of the department
- Responsible for hiring, employee evaluations, discipline, and employee development.
- Schedule staff to support production operations
- Investigate problems impacting product quality and safety by reviewing documentation. Communicate problems to production management and initiates corrective procedures.
- Identify changes in ingredients on labeling that could result in rework and/or recall.
- Work on various projects assigned by Quality Manager.
- Perform duties of QA Technician as needed when assigned by the Quality Manager.
- Assist in support CTQ development with R&D, Sales, production and other dept. units as needed
- Support other QA team members as needed.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Requires 1-3 years experience in the poultry or food processing quality assurance industry, and previous supervisory or leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and prioritize departmental needs, while supporting production process.
- Ability to manage and direct staff.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills Capable of working independently Working knowledge of various computer programs, including but not limited to, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices including, but not limited to, USDA guidelines, OSHA requirements, HACCP regulations, HazMat, and company policies.
- Knowledge of, or ability to acquire knowledge of CTQ and CAPA methodology Knowledge and skills identified are typically acquired through progressive experience in Quality Assurance in the food processing industry
Qualified individuals who are interested in consideration for this position must submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Human Resource Office.